SUGGESTED ITINERARY 2012 – OPTIONAL EXTRA GORILLA SAFARI
Please find a detailed itinerary and quote below for a 4 day safari. This itinerary runs our lodge operations plus accommodation which is very viable for your upscale clients.
The price quoted includes all the activities mentioned in the itinerary, your clients own expert Volcanoes Guide and vehicle, accommodation and all meals. It is also worth noting that if you stay at a Volcanoes Lodge the price includes all drinks, a complimentary massage and any activities you might wish to do around the lodge.
This quote is based on 2 people traveling on a scheduled group departure. This itinerary offers 2 opportunities to go gorilla tracking in Rwanda.
Gorilla permits are sold on a first come first served basis and can sell out months in advance during busy periods so as speedy a decision as possible is advisable.
Volcanoes Safaris are pioneers of eco tourism in Uganda and Rwanda and offer a privileged insight into the world of great apes. Our unrivalled expertise, outstanding guides and intimate eco-lodges promise to make your safari the journey of a lifetime!
Met by your Volcanoes Guide on arrival at the airport and transfer to Kigali. Briefing on your safari. After lunch, depart for Parc National des Volcans. The journey north goes through the beautiful terraced hillsides that characterize much of Rwanda’s landscape, gradually climbing to the base of the awesome Virunga volcanoes, sometimes with as many as five peaks visible. O/N: Volcanoes Virunga Lodge (L,D).
Go gorilla tracking in Parc National des Volcans (subject to permit availability at the time of booking). Tracking the gorillas through the light mountain forest on the slopes of the Virungas is a magical experience. If you are lucky you can get to the gorillas, spend an hour with them, and be back at the base in time for a late lunch! Some gorilla families however are more elusive, and tracking can take a full day, especially when it is wet and muddy. O/N: Volcanoes Virunga Lodge (B,L,D).
Either go gorilla tracking again in Parc National des Volcans (on payment of supplement at time of booking), or visit the golden monkeys or drive to Gisenyi, visit Ros Carr’s orphanage and Lake Kivu or climb the Visoke or Muhavura volcanoes, or trek to Dian Fossey’s grave, or visit the local school, community projects or walk to Lake Bulera. O/N: Volcanoes Virunga Lodge (B,L,D).
Leave for Kigali. Time permitting, go for a tour of the city including a visit to the market, a pottery project, handicraft shops and the genocide memorial. Transfer to the airport (B,L).
End of our services.
QUOTE based on the private safari 2012
$4,650per person sharing including one gorilla permit 2 pax
$4,310per person sharing including one gorilla permit 3 pax
$4,140per person sharing including one gorilla permit 4 pax
$3,645 per person sharing including one gorilla permit 5 pax
$390 single room supplement.
• An expert Volcanoes driver/guide and vehicle for the itinerary agreed.
• Accommodation on a shared basis and meals as stated in the itinerary (in Kampala, Entebbe and Kigali hotels bed and breakfast only and on safari full board, all inclusive in Volcanoes Lodges only).
• All activities as per the itinerary agreed. So where appropriate, boat trips, park fees, nature and community walk fees, one chimpanzee and one gorilla permit are included.
• At Volcanoes Lodges (Bwindi, Mount Gahinga, Kyambura and Virunga), the tariffs are on an all-inclusive basis and include unlimited consumption of all alcoholic and soft drinks; laundry services; and any activities guests wish to do around the lodges. A complimentary massage is also offered.
• From the safari price paid by our guests Volcanoes contributes $100 to the Volcanoes Partnership Trust, a separate non-profit organisation which undertakes community and conservation activities. For more information on the Volcanoes Trust please don’t hesitate to contact us.
• Airfares to Uganda/Rwanda,
• Entry visas and airport taxes
• Personal expenditure such as drinks and laundry at non-Volcanoes Lodges.
• For single rooms, a supplement (SRS) applies.