Volunteering Village and Wildlife Safari
Arrival Nairobi – Departure Nairobi
13 nights, 14 days.
|Validity||Double per pax||Singlesupl.|
|Now until 15/12/2012||$3900||$725|
Itinerary at a glance
|Note: L-Lunch, D-Dinner, BB-Bed and breakfast, LDBB-Lunch, dinner, bed and breakfast, Trsf-Transfer, E-Early morning game drive, A-Morning game drive, P-Afternoon game drive, HDS-Half Day sightseeing, FDS-Full Day Sightseeing|
|2||Samburu||Samburu Simba Lodge||LDBB||P|
|3||Samburu||Samburu Simba Lodge||LDBB||EP|
|4||Nakuru||Sarova Lion Hill Lodge||LDBB||P|
|5||Masai Mara Mara||Simba Lodge||LDBB||P|
|6||Masai Mara Mara||Simba Lodge||LDBB||EP|
|7||Kisumu Sondu Orphanage||n/a||FB||n/a|
|8||Kisumu Sondu Orphanage||n/a||FB||n/a|
|9||Kisumu Sondu Orphanage||n/a||FB||n/a|
|10||Kisumu Sondu Orphanage||n/a||FB||n/a|
|11||Kisumu Sondu Orphanage||n/a||FB||n/a|
|12||Kisumu Sondu Orphanage||n/a||FB||n/a|
Day 1 Nairobi
On arrival at the airport, met by Liberty Africa Safaris representative and transfer to The Stanley Hotel. Overnight at The Stanley BB
Day 2 Samburu
Breakfast at the hotel. Morning drive north via Nanyuki and Mt Kenya to the Samburu National Reserve. Rugged and remote, this wildlife reserve provides some the best and most colourful game viewing in the country.
Lunch at Samburu Simba Lodge. After noon game drive.
Dinner and overnight at Samburu Simba Lodge LDBB
Day 3 Samburu
All day spent in the Samburu National Reserve with early morning and afternoon game drives. All meals and overnight at Samburu Simba Lodge LDBB
Day 4 Nakuru
Morning drive via Nyahururu to the Lake Nakuru National Park, famous as the home to thousands of lesser and greater flamingo. This park also provides sanctuary for Rothschild giraffe, rhino and leopard.
Lunch at Sarova Lion Hill Lodge. After noon game drive.
Dinner and overnight at Sarova Lion Hill Lodge LDBB
Day 5 Masai Mara
Morning drive via Narok to the Masai Mara National Reserve offering wonderful scenery and plenty of game. It is perhaps the only region left in Kenya where the visitor may see animals in the same super-abundance as existed a century ago.
Lunch at Mara Simba Lodge. After noon game drive.
Dinner and overnight at Mara Simba Lodge LDBB
Day 6 Masai Mara
Optional visit to a Masai vilage
Day spent game-viewing in the reserve with early morning and afternoon game drives.
All meals and overnight at Mara Simba Lodge LDBB
Day 7 Kisumu
Breakfast at the lodge. Morning depart with picnic lunches and drive to Lake Victoria, the legendary source of the Nile and Africa’s largest lake. This is a majestic coastline with a fascinating mixture of towering bluffs, great peninsulas and islands.
Overnight at Sondu Orphanage – Own arrangements.
Day 8 – Day 12 Kisumu
Sondu Orphanage – Stay in the village and find your own ways to contribute.
Or help out with the projects which are currant at the time you visit. More information available separately about the orphanage and the fund raising.
Day 13 Nairobi
Transfer to Kisumu Airport by Sondu orphanage driver guide and board you flight to Nairobi. Met on arrival at the airport and transfer to The Stanley Hotel.
Overnight at The Stanley BB
Day 14 Nairobi
Breakfast at the hotel. Morning transfer to the airport for your international flight back home.
Using 1 Minibus
Accommodation and full board in the village.
1. Accommodation as stipulated in the itinerary.
2. Transportation in a chauffeur driven minivan with pop-up roof for easy game viewing & photography.
3. Services of an English speaking driver-guide, game viewing drives and parks entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary.
4. All Government taxes and levies.
5. Complimentary 500 ml mineral water per person per game drive in the safari vehicle.
6. All meet and greet services.
7. All arrival and departure transfers.
8. 24 hours stand-by contact number.
9. Meals as indicated in the itinerary.
10. 7 pax guaranteed window seat in each vehicle.
11. Two-way long range high frequency radio communication in each vehicle.
12. On safari accessories in each vehicle: – First-aid kit, wildlife books, a pair of binoculars, cool box and fire extinguisher.
1. All items of personal nature e.g. telephone call bills, fax/email bills etc. Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staff and driver- guide(s). Budget approx. $ 2.00 – $ 4.00 per person per day for lodge and hotel staff, $ 1.00 per bag for porters and $ 10.00 – $ 12.00 per person per day for driver-guides).
2. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks,
3. Any local or international flight and departure taxes.
4. Laundry services.
5. Any other item(s) not included in our itinerary.
6. Visa fees (US$ 50.00 per passport holder – and US$ 25.00 for children under 16). Visas are available on arrival at international airports or recognized border entry points.
7. Flying doctors coverage: Optional @ US$ 20 dollars per person.
§ Covers you within East Africa for a period of 14 days. In the eventuality of a medical emergency, you will be airlifted to Nairobi where you will be taken to a good hospital. Hospital bills are born by the patient.
PLEASE NOTE THAT your booking is confirmed on receipt of your booking form and deposit.